Difference between revisions of "Leeds/Rockville April 11-13, 2013"
(→Location: WebEx and Dial In)
(→Location: WebEx and Dial In)
|Line 168:||Line 168:|
You can contact me at: <br/>
You can contact me at: <br/>
Revision as of 09:01, 6 March 2013
CIMI Meeting on April 11-13, 2013 at Leeds, England and Rockville, Maryland, USA
- 1 Meeting Minutes
- 2 Meeting Summary
- 3 Location: Leeds Venue
- 4 Location: Rockville Venue
- 5 Location: WebEx and Dial In
|CIMI Leeds/Rockville Meeting Summary|
|Welcome and Overview||TBD|
Location: Leeds Venue
Traveling by air
The four airports people may find most useful to fly to in order of distance are:
- Leeds Bradford Airport (small airport and not many international flights but could look for domestic connections from another UK airport to here). If flying to this airport would recommend taking a taxi to the venue, as there is no train service.
- Manchester Airport (one of the largest airports in England with several international flights. Approximately 56 miles or 1 hour drive to Leeds venue). There is a direct train service from Manchester Airport to Leeds station; approximately 1 hour 15 mins journey time.
- Birmingham Airport (again a large airport with several international flights. Approximately 120 miles or 2 hours drive to Leeds venue). There is a direct train service from Birmingham Airport to Leeds station; approximately 2.5 hours journey time.
- London Heathrow Airport (Approximately 200 miles or 3.5 hours drive to Leeds venue). There is a Heathrow underground to Kings Cross train station from where trains to Leeds run approx every 30 mins. Alternatively, one could catch the Heathrow express train to Paddington station and then take the underground tube to Kings Cross for a train to Leeds. Train journey time from Kings Cross to Leeds will be approximately 2 hours 15 minutes.
Traveling by train
Travel on the main line to Leeds main line railway station. On arrival turn left past the ticket and exit at the rear by Wetherspoons/Subway. This will take you into Princes Square.
Walk approximately 50 metres down Aire Street keeping the large glass building (called Princes Exchange) on your left. Vantage House (glass and red brick building) is on the right hand side, just before the first set of traffic lights.
For further information use the Traveline Journey Planner. You can book tickets online from http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/ or http://www.thetrainline.com/buytickets/ and pick them up from the Fast Ticket machines situated at the Train stations. NOTE: You will require your booking reference number and the credit/debit card you used when making the purchase. Alternatively, of course, you can buy your tickets from the ticket counters or Fast ticket machines on arrival (but you may not be able to get the advanced cheap fares).
Traveling by car - from the South M1
- Exit M1 Junction 43 taking M621 - Leeds Central, follow signs to Leeds Central/City Centre
- Go straight on at the Hilton Hotel (Victoria Road Roundabout), keep to the left going under the bridge
- At the traffic lights keep left and enter Wellington Street, take the 1st left after the Queens Hotel into Aire Street
- Follow this road round to the right and Vantage House is on the right just before the first set of traffic lights
Hotels near Vantage House, Leeds
There are several hotels near Vantage House as it is in Leeds City Centre. The list below includes the closest five. However, please feel free to browse around and have a look for cheaper hotels that may be slightly further away.
- The Met, Leeds, King Street, Leeds LS1 2HQ. Phone: +44 (0) 113 245 0841
- Novotel Hotel, 4 Whitehall Quay, Leeds LS1 4HR. Phone: +44 (0) 113 242 6446
- The Queens Hotel, City Square, Leeds LS1 1PJ. Phone: +44 (0) 113 243 1323
- Park Plaza, Boar Lane, Leeds LS1 5NS. Phone: +44 (0) 113 380 4000
- Hilton Leeds City Hotel, Neville Street, Leeds LS1 4BX. Phone:+44 (0) 113 2442000
Location: Rockville Venue
3rd floor Desert Center Conference Room
2101 East Jefferson Street
The building is about 1 mile from the North Bethesda area and the White Flint Metro station. The meeting room is booked with videoconferencing from 6:00am – 4:00 pm EST, April 11, 12, and 13th 2013. Security is aware that some participants will arrive as early as 6:00 am, and they will escort you to the Desert Center conference room. The Building staff will need a list of those that will be attending.
From Baltimore Airport: (39 miles)
I-195 West to I-95 South; I-95 South to I-495 West; I-495 West to I-270 North; I-270 North to Exit 4A for Montrose Rd; after ~½ mile bear right onto Montrose Parkway ; after ~½ mile turn Right onto East Jefferson with destination immediately on the right.
From Washington Dulles Airport: (26 miles)
Dulles Access Rd VA-267 to I-495 South; I-495 South to I-270 North; I-270 North to Exit 4A for Montrose Rd; after ~½ mile bear right onto Montrose Parkway ; after ~½ mile turn Right onto East Jefferson with destination immediately on the right.
Paid parking is available underneath the building, but there are some parking spaces available on the street in front of the building for anyone to use. When you park under the building you will receive a parking receipt.
Bethesda North Marriott Hotel, 5701 Marinelli Road, Bethesda, MD 20852, Phone 1-301-822-9200
Location: WebEx and Dial In
Topic: Clinical Information Modelling Initiative
Date: Every 1 day, from Thursday, 11 April 2013 to Saturday, 13 April 2013
Time: 11:30, GMT Summer Time (London, GMT+01:00)
Meeting Number: 959 320 124
Meeting Password: (This meeting does not require a password.)
To join the online meeting (Now from mobile devices!)
- Go to https://connectingforhealth.webex.com/connectingforhealth/j.php?ED=23223867&UID=0&RT=MTgjMjE%3D
- If requested, enter your name and email address.
- If a password is required, enter the meeting password: (This meeting does not require a password.)
- Click "Join".
To view in other time zones or languages, please click the link:
To join the audio conference only
To receive a call back, provide your phone number when you join the meeting, or call the number below and enter the access code.
Call-in toll-free number (UK): 0800-051-3810
Call-in toll number (UK): +44-203-478-5289
Global call-in numbers: : https://connectingforhealth.webex.com/connectingforhealth/globalcallin.php?serviceType=MC&ED=23223867&tollFree=1
Toll-free dialing restrictions: http://www.webex.com/pdf/tollfree_restrictions.pdf
Access code: 959 320 124
List of Call-in Numbers
- Go to https://connectingforhealth.webex.com/connectingforhealth/mc
- On the left navigation bar, click "Support".
You can contact me at:
To add this meeting to your calendar program (for example Microsoft Outlook), click this link:
The playback of UCF (Universal Communications Format) rich media files requires appropriate players. To view this type of rich media files in the meeting, please check whether you have the players installed on your computer by going to https://connectingforhealth.webex.com/connectingforhealth/systemdiagnosis.php.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: This WebEx service includes a feature that allows audio and any documents and other materials exchanged or viewed during the session to be recorded. By joining this session, you automatically consent to such recordings. If you do not consent to the recording, discuss your concerns with the meeting host prior to the start of the recording or do not join the session. Please note that any such recordings may be subject to discovery in the event of litigation.